Nice to Meet You!
When people ask me about my strengths as a teacher, I tell them…
“I am passionate about incorporating technology and 21st century learning skills into project based learning opportunities.”
But what I really want to say is:
“I love developing kickass, hands-on learning projects where students get to explore, create, think, and utilize their inner tech-geniuses. These projects are so amazing that students not only LOVE doing them, but they also teach students important life skills that will help them grow to become productive citizens.”
As you’ve probably guessed, I’m an elementary school teacher. Teaching kids to be out of the box thinkers and technology geniuses is kind of my thing.
When it comes to teaching experience in elementary school, I’ve done it all.
- In my ten years of teaching, I have taught all the grades from Kindergarten to 6th grade (except for 1st).
- I not only mix up my grade levels, I also like to mix it up in the classroom. I totally dig interest-based learning, 21st Century learning, technology, project-based learning, and teaching students to be confident writers.
- I LOVE iPads! My district has 1 to 1 iPads in the classroom, so I have a lot of experience incorporating technology into my classroom. You may find I am a little biased toward iPads, but I can’t help it…they have changed my teaching!
- I also have my M.S. in Instructional Media from Wilkes University. I love finding fun and creative ways to use technology to enhance my students’ learning experiences.
- I am passionate about Genius Time. I love giving students the opportunity to learn 21st-century skills while learning about what interests them. In my classroom, Genius Time is more than an hour, it’s a lifestyle!
Even though I love technology and 21st-century learning skills, I like finding shortcuts and tricks to not feel so overwhelmed. Keep it simple!
“Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple.” C. W. Ceran